Permission, as well as an account number, must be obtained from the major professor before any purchases for a project are made with University funds. All receipts should be given to the Departmental Bookkeeper for accounting, and should include a chargeable account number (available from the major professor), the graduate student’s name (legibly), and, if not provided by the vendor, a brief description of the item(s) purchased.