Travel Authorization

The driver and all passengers traveling out of state or overnight must have approved travel authorization granted by the department head. If a travel notice is submitted through the departmental office and is placed on the central calendar, blanket authorization exists for in-state travel. Out-of-state travel authorization must be requested ten business days in advance of the departure date. Anyone traveling on University-related business in a private vehicle must also have approved travel authorization from the department head. Request travel authorization electronically – students should check with the major professor or with the front office for details. International travel requires approval from the Vice- President, and should be coordinated though the major professor and department head.